Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gothic Paris

Much like New York, I find Paris has many facets.  The historic tends to reign for the first-time tourists in their pursuit of the grand architecture, museums (many of which are housed in the most historic buildings of the city), the great gardens, the winding rues of the pre-Revolution days and the Hausmann boulevards.  

I am most surprised by all that I see that is new and alive about this city, and I will start to post more about those things...it's just that it's impossible not to point a camera at a building like Notre Dame Cathedral.

Case in point - last Saturday night's full moon (we didn't get the eclipse, as far as I know), bright and pushing through the clouds that tried unsuccessfully to hide it.  And it made for some very Gothic-looking photographs of the Cathedral.

1 comment: