Friday, September 23, 2011

Radio Classique


I wrote about my favorite French language learning apps and podcasts in the past, and now need to add a new one!  (It's always fun to find something new to mix it up.)  Radio Classique is a French classical radio station.  I've been listening for about a week now, and the music is lovely.  There's a lot of solo piano, symphonic selections, most of which are familiar and many of which are French in origin, and a small bit of opera.  In between are a few, but not too many,  ads in French for classical music concerts and events in Paris.  

And every time you open the app, a deep baritone voice announces "Radio Classique."  How do they do that?  It did surprise me the first few times; I'm a slow learner.

The app is free and can be found in iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment