Thursday, October 13, 2011

A "decent" run

And that's putting it mildly.  OK, it'd be a hard place to train for a marathon, going round and round and round, but if you're just running once, twice or three times around the Jardin du Luxembourg in Paris, you feel you've accomplished something, and have had some extremely beautiful and interesting things to look at as well.  On a weekend, I've seen tennis, tai-chi groups, nordic walkers with their "sticks," children in their playground, lovers necking, tourists picture-taking, map-checking and sore-feet-resting, students reading, and runners running.  Of course, walkers also cut through the Jardin to get from the 6th Arrondisement to the 5th quickly, and so do I.  

In fact, the other day, I saw a few new things on my walk.  This posted sign, for example (both in French and in English), I thought was particularly charming - 
And then I walked by this (below), which somehow I'd never seen before (the Jardin is not that large, so a new find is a pretty unusual occurrence, considering I've been running around the place a few times a week these last two weeks!).
bronze model of the Statue of Liberty
sign below the statue
Well, it's always great to find something new, no matter how many times you've been somewhere and think you've seen it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment