Monday, July 4, 2011

Keep on truckin'

inside a Joyride truck!
I've touched on the food truck/cart phenomenon in New York City, but lately I am seeing it more and more (is this a summertime phenomenon or a new direction for dining in the "new" economy?).  With greater creativity, quality ingredients and New Yorker appeal  (meaning not just water dogs and rubber pretzels), I've tried just a few at this point, but I look forward to trying as many as I can - in the name of research, of course.  The designs, signage and colors of the carts and trucks are eye-catching, too.  That Yogo truck at the bottom looks good enough to eat!
 Waffles & Dinges - Belgian waffles (Riverside Park South)
Joyride - frozen yogurt and Stumptown coffee (near Lincoln Center)
Mister Softee - the original that started the trend (Upper West Side)



Mud Truck - espresso/coffee drinks and bites (near Astor Place)
Yogo - frozen yogurt (near Lincoln Center)


No comments:

Post a Comment