Thursday, July 21, 2011

Looking Up

I can look up from a New York street and, if I squint just enough to close out the skyscrapers (and put my fingers in my ears to muffle the loud American voices and honking taxis), I can see Paris (or some other American vision of European architecture of some past era).  Well, just a little bit, and enough to make me realize that I need a trip to Europe, pronto!  

A July spent in New York (after a June spent in New York) filled with European tourists is just digging it in unfairly.  Ha ha, though, the last laugh might be ours - it's going to be 100 degrees today and tomorrow here, and it's barely into the 60s in Paris.  Come to think of it, I'll take that trade!
It's the Plaza Hotel, but the combo rooftop is definitely some kind of Euro.
I have no idea.  Any guesses? 
Paris, bien sûr!
Paris aussi.
A bit of Renaissance Italy?
A Bavarian Castle?  Or Hogwarts?

No comments:

Post a Comment